The Insurance Services Team of South Australian Government Financing Authority (SAFA) is responsible for arranging insurance protection for government risks, the provision of risk consulting and advisory services to government and managing South Australia’s Building Indemnity Insurance scheme.
SAFA’s Insurance Services team:
- collects information about the risks of Government Agencies and Statutory Authorities insured by SAFA through the annual SAFA Insurance Questionnaire (Questionnaire)
- analyses the information collected in the Questionnaire and allocates insurance premiums to Government Agencies and Statutory Authorities for the cover provided under the SAFA Agency Agreement (Agency Agreement)
- provides insurance advice to Government Agencies and Statutory Authorities insured with SAFA
- facilitates the placement of insurance policies in the commercial market for one-off or specialised risks not covered by the Agency Agreement
- manages the marketing and placement of the State Government’s catastrophe reinsurance program.
For further information, contact a member of the SAFA Insurance Services team.