Despite the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, there were many achievements and highlights for the 2020-21 financial year.
- SAFA successfully completed its gross funding task having raised $8.8 billion;
- We successfully renewed the government’s reinsurance program despite a hardening of commercial insurance markets globally and the impact of natural catastrophes across the country from the previous year;
- SAFA completed more than 250 financial reviews for a number of agencies across the numerous industry assistance funds being managed by SAFA;
- We increased the number of low and zero emission vehicles in the government’s motor vehicle fleet in support of South Australia’s Electric Vehicle Action Plan. The number of low and zero emission vehicles in the fleet increased by 367 vehicles during 2020-21 from 3438 to 3805 vehicles; and
- SAFA recorded an operating profit before tax of $146.9 million compared to a budgeted profit of $31.0 million.
These results are attributable to the resilient and professional SAFA employees, who continued to meet the business demands for SAFA and the Government of South Australia.
A job well done by all in the SAFA team.
To read a copy of the Annual report, visit the Annual report page of the SAFA website.